Saturated Fat:1 grams
Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash soup is rich in beta-carotene, fiber, and a great way to warm up on cold winter days.
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:25 Minutes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 pkgs (10 ounces of ea) frozen puréed butternut squash, thawed
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed reduced-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup fat-free half-and-half
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add squash, broth, nutmeg and onion; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Purée soup in saucepan with hand-held blender or in batches in food processor or blender. Return soup to saucepan.
- Stir in half-and-half and pepper to taste; heat through. Add additional half-and-half, if necessary, to thin soup to desired consistency.