Saturated Fat:1g grams
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Crunchy Homemade Granola
Mix this delicious granola with fresh fruit and plain yogurt for breakfast or munch on 1/4 cup for a snack!
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:50 Minutes
- 3 cups Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Unsalted roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Hot water
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the salt in hot water and whisk in the honey and canola oil.
- Stir the liquid into the nuts and coat thoroughly. Spread the mixture onto a large, rimmed baking sheet covered with foil.
- Bake the granola in the center of the oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until it is nearly dry. Turn off the oven and let the granola cool in the oven, stirring often.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.