Saturated Fat:7.2 grams
Serving Size:1 x 1 inch square
Rhubarb Ginger Crisp
This delightful dessert is sweet and tart all at the same time. Add in the health benefits of rhubarb and you have tasty twist on your traditional crisp!
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:45 Minutes
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, chopped into small pieces and chilled
- 4 cups (about 8 stalks) Rhubarb, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp Candied Ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Place half the mixture into the baking dish, pressing gently to form the bottom crust.
- Top with rhubarb and sprinkle with the chopped ginger and sugar.
- Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender and the crust is brown.